Sunday, July 19, 2009

Coffee and lutefisk: together at last!

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm going out of my way not to give Starbucks any money. Mostly because the info contained in this article was kind of the last straw. They won't let anyone take pictures in their stores for fear of spying competitors, but they've had folks from corporate spying on local shops -- without buying anything -- in order to create a competing "authentic coffeehouse" or whatever. I'm all about big corporations, but not so much into blatant hypocrisy.

There's no better place to try to wean off of Starbucks than in Seattle, where a lot of places have coffee that tastes way better anyway.

In other news, I'm pleased to announce I'll be attending (NOT participating in) the lutefisk eating contest at the annual Ballard Seafood Fest next weekend. Jealous? You should be. I was afraid I had missed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home